Monday, March 15, 2010

The Arboretum Visit.

I went to the Arboretum for the first time this past weekend and it was pretty cool. I wasn't expecting it to be so huge... or that peacocks were there! Lauren = Whoa! :O

Parking was a bitch since the boyfriend and I went on a Saturday, but after slowly yet finally finding a spot (I wasn't driving), we met up with a friend and wondered the grounds for a nice drawing place. The boys decided to park in front of the Fantasy Island house, which I've never seen the movie so I didn't get any of the quotes the boyfriend was saying. I decided to start drawing some palm trees that had ivy on it. I must say that palm trees are a pain in the ass to draw! ARRRGH! Once I started kind of getting the pattern of the former leaves that usually encase the tree, I started feeling a little better about my drawing.

My palm tree picture will be posted later today.

No comments:

Post a Comment